You might have faced this weirdest issue on WordPress which stops you from adding a new plugin or to update plugins or themes.
I faced this issue when I was teaching my students and I can’t make them reinstall the website otherwise they would have thought the professor doesn’t know anything.
I did some research and figured you get this error when you’re using a faulty plugin or theme on your website.
Let’s get started and let me tell you how you can fix this issue with your website.
Fix WordPress Not Showing ‘Add New’ Plugin & Updates Option
If you want to enable updates option then you will need to make some changes to the wp-config.php file of your WordPress files.
- Open your cPanel and go to file manager.
- You need to open the public_html folder.
- You need to find the wp-config.php file in the wordpress directory and then right click on it and click on the edit button.
- Scroll down to the end of the code and add these two lines of code.
/** Enable Plugins & Theme Update Feature. */ define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’,true); //edits define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_MODS’,false); //updates
- Then you can click on the save changes button.
- Now, open your WordPress website and if you’re using a caching plugin then I will suggest you to clear the cache of the plugin.
- You will now see the option to add a new plugin and update the plugins and themes.
If your website was created by a web developer most of the time they disable this option so that no one can edit the plugin and themes.
Sometimes this option is by default disabled automatically because of the faulty plugin or theme on your website.
I hope you like this article and this helped you fixing the issue with your website. Share your views down below in the comments section.