I wanted this website so badly.
I always use WordPress to test free plugins or themes and sometimes to just try a simple line of code.
When poopy.life got shut down I was the saddest person on planet earth.
Guess what I found TasteWP.
I was using these tools but that means I have to install additional software in my Mac.
Let’s talk about TasteWP
WordPress TasteWP is a free tool that allows you to try WordPress for 2 days.
If you wish to use it for more time then you can sign up and get 7 days WordPress installation.
If you wish to install or add more websites then you can share your affiliate link with your friends and if they sign up you will be getting one website forever.
That’s the best feature of this tool.
Now, you might be wondering.
How is it any different than poopy.life.
Is TasteWP Alternative of Poopy.life?
We all know poopy.life and the free WordPress installation it used to give us.
But sometimes it used to be annoying because of the forced branding it used to do all the time.
The website never used to look professional
I used to hate it.
TasteWP doesn’t do something like this and that’s the only reason why it became one of my favourite tool.
If you’re someone who is using WordPress for a very long time you might be wondering there might be some annoying popups or animations with this free WordPress website.
There are none.
Yes! You get a popup at the start but once you click on the dismiss button you won’t be seeing it again.
That popup displays the basic information like your admin area url, username and password.
If you install WordPress with a basic setup then it installs three additional plugins on your website.
If you wish to get rid of that you can do so with an advanced setup.
You can sign up and create a new account and it will give you additional six websites to create.
Now, enough of me blabbering let’s get right into the tool.
- It’s an Nginx web server.
- Allows you to customise your WordPress installation. If you wish to remove a specific plugin while installing you can also do that.
- You can change the WordPress version
- The website also allows you to change your PHP Version. It supports PHP versions from 5.6 to 8.0. It supports the latest PHP version too.
- TasteWP also allows you to add additional lines of code in the wp-config file. These are the variables that are supported by TasteWP.
- Include WP Debug
- WP Debug Display
- Save WP Debug Log
- Concatenate WP Scripts
- Disable Automatic Updates
- Turn ON Alternate WP Cron
- Disable WP-CRON
- Disable WP-Cache
- SAVEQUERIES for Debug
- There are some additional themes that are supported if you’re using TasteWP
- Twenty Twenty
- There are some plugins that are supported but these plugins are created by TasteWP.
- Backup Migration (to migrate your site)
- Copy Delete Posts
- Pop-up Plugin
- You can create a custom site name. The subdomain will be created for you. For example, I can create webverge.tastewp.com
- You can also create a multi-site with subpaths using TasteWP.
- You can also create a site template that can be shared with your friends. You can upload your own plugin and themes in this template.
- You can transfer your backup using this tool.
- The free website time limit is 2 days and you can’t extend the expiry of the website
- You can’t create more than two sites at once for non-logged-in users.
- Logged in users can create 6 websites
- The size of the instance is 220MB
- Once the domain name is selected and then you delete that domain name you can’t get it again. (I wanted to get webverge.tastewp.com but after deleting it I didn’t get the domain name back)
How to use TasteWP and Get free WordPress Hosting
- Firstly, visit TasteWP’s website and signup and create a new account. You can sign up from here (It’s an affiliate link that will help us to get a free unlimited time website)
- Click on the signup button and create a new account
- On the left, you will see the tool panel. Click on create a site.
- Then you will get a window to create a new site popup. Choose the settings according to your need and then click on the create button
- Then you will get an option to access your website.
- That’s it! You have successfully created your first website using TasteWP.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I install any theme or plugin?
Yes! You can install any theme or plugin on your test website.
Can I move my website data to live website?
Yes! You can using Updraft plugin or Backup Migration plugin
Can I use a file manager?
Yes! You can install File Manager plugin on your WordPress website.
Is this an Apache, Nginx or LiteSpeed Server?
It is an Nginx web server.
Can I change my WordPress password?
Yes! You can change the password of your website.
That’s it! I personally love the features of this website and I am 100% sure that it is going to be better in future.
You can use this website for testing purposes and there are so many other things you can do with this website.
Previously, I had a server with dummy websites where I used to test plugins and themes before and then later on I use to install it on my live website.
I know one thing for sure that I don’t need to worry about this anymore because tastewp will look into this.
Please share your thoughts on this website. I will love to hear more about it in the comments section.
If you face any issue while creating the website you can also reach out to the support of tastewp support.